How to Wait Out Quarantine With Arctic Buzz
Sometimes a quiet night at home with your roomies turns into two, or five, or a government-mandated nationwide lock-down to control the spread of a life-threatening virus with no end in sight.
In times such as this, we need all of the sweetness and comfort we can find. Delicious, creamy, and (most importantly) boozy, Arctic Buzz ice cream is here to lift your spirits, whether you’re isolating alone or cooped up with your roommate and her boyfriend who doesn’t have to pay rent for some reason.
When You Wash Your Hands
It’s convenient how the freezer is so close to the kitchen sink. Why not thank yourself for being responsible with a scoop of your favorite flavor of Arctic Buzz? Delicious, refreshing ice cream spiked with liquor is just what you deserve for doing your part to protect yourself and your loved ones from the spread of COVID-19. Just make sure you write your name on the side of the container so “Justin” or whatever knows it’s private property.
The CDC recommends the following steps every time you wash your hands:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Sing exactly 1/4 of Vanessa Carlton’s 2002 hit single “A Thousand Miles”.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
- Get your pint of Arctic Buzz out of the freezer and grab a spoon, or just stick your sparkling clean hands in there. It’s your ice cream, and no one’s watching.
- Luxuriate in a beautiful moment of escape from the existential dread.
When You Bake Banana Bread
Is everyone you know baking like the ketogenic diet trend never happened? Maybe they’re onto something. Cooking is a simple, meditative task that can relieve stress and ease the tension with your roommates.
Try making this tasty banana bread and top it with a little Arctic Buzz.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and butter together in a bowl. Mix flour and baking soda together in a separate bowl; stir into banana mixture until batter is only a little chunky. Stir salt into batter. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick (or a fork, or your roommate’s eyeliner pencil) inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, usually in about one hour.
- Serve topped with a cold scoop of vanilla Arctic Buzz and sprinkle it with cinnamon if you’re feeling fancy. Use the pint you haven’t put your hands in if you’re going to let anyone else have any. Which you don’t have to do, by the way.
When You Video Conference
When you have to use the front-facing camera on your device to stare at your sad quarantined face while waiting for a meeting to start, it helps to have your favorite pick-me-up on hand. Arctic Buzz even is delicious mixed in with your coffee, if you don’t want your boss to watch you eating ice cream at 7:30 am.
Your friends want to get together and catch up online, and despite the technical difficulties and lag and the one girl who can never quite figure it out, it’s more fun than you thought it would be. Why not raise a toast of a delicious spoonful of Arctic Buzz toward the camera hole to show them you’re holding up okay?
When you Netflix With No Chill
Whether you’re watching a documentary about a shady tiger collector or finally catching up with Breaking Bad, allowing yourself a little escapism is called for right now. Sit as close to the screen as you have to feel as if nothing else matters and forget the fog of uncertainty that hangs over us as we grieve for life as it used to be.
Leading psychotherapists advise limiting the social tendency to think we have to use every moment of our free time to learn a new skill or be extra productive. Life, as we know it, has changed and everyone has a different way of grieving. It’s important to be compassionate to ourselves, and to each other. Even a random dude your roommate only started dating in February who is always in your kitchen now.
I Scream, You Scream, We Are All Screaming
It’s hard to feel especially grateful right now. But despite what’s happening outside, we live in a world where someone was allowed to take the two best things, ice cream and vodka, and make them one thing. Arctic Buzz is here for you and we understand.
Let’s raise a pint of alcoholic ice cream together. At a responsible distance, like instagram live or to those neighbors who are always on their porch staring at you. There’s a comfort in knowing that even though we’re physically apart, we’re all together in this.
When the day comes when we can take our masks off and throw our arms around our friends again, travel, attend concerts and games, leave for work in the morning and everything else we’re missing — Arctic Buzz will be there to help make those moments all the sweeter.