First things first, we’d like to give a massive shout-out to the Germans, specifically the Bavarians, for creating such a momentous beer-drinking event: Oktoberfest. This annual 3-week festival that takes place in Munich, Germany embodies just how much human beings love alcohol. To put this into perspective, literally 6 million people from all over the world gather in one place around one time to celebrate beer. And maybe pretzels. But mostly beer. At Arctic Buzz, we obviously respect this kind of passion for booze, so we’re honoring Oktoberfest with a few German dessert and drink recipes.
Yep, spaghetti ice cream is a thing — a beautiful, beautiful German thing. This fascinating dish can be found in just about any ice cream shop in Germany, which is why we think it’s quite the appropriate dessert to whip up for the Oktoberfest season. Here’s how to do it:
– 2-3 scoops Vanilla Arctic Buzz (let soften just a tad)
– Whipped cream
– Strawberry/chocolate sauce
– Shredded coconut or white chocolate pieces
– Potato ricer a.k.a. spätzle press
– Freeze a scoop of whipped cream and place on plate/bowl
– Place Arctic Buzz in potato ricer and push it through on top of the frozen whipped cream (it should come out in the shape of spaghetti noodles)
– Top with chocolate or strawberry sauce and shredded coconut/white chocolate
– Serve and enjoy this typical German dessert!
If you couldn’t tell what Eiskaffee was by saying “Eiskaffee” aloud, it’s iced coffee, except it’s German iced coffee. The country’s version of iced coffee includes a couple scoops of ice cream often served in a nice, tall glass (Germans just get it, man). Make yourself one of these bad boys to fuel up for a long day of beer-drinking.
– 1-2 scoops Vanilla Arctic Buzz
– 4-8 oz. of brewed coffee (chilled)
– whipped cream
– chocolate shavings
– pour coffee into a tall glass
– add 1-2 scoops of Vanilla Arctic Buzz
– top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings
– serve with a spoon and straw, and enjoy!
We’re not going to lie to you, beer floats could go horribly wrong. But there are certain beers and ice cream flavors that actually pair really well together, and in the spirit of Oktoberfest, we think you ought to try this recipe out.
Note: Here’s a good guide to pairing different beers with ice cream flavors.
– 1-2 scoop Chocolate or Vanilla Arctic Buzz
– 12 oz. Spaten Oktoberfest (use this site to find out where you can buy it) or any sweet, brown beer
– Add Arctic Buzz scoops to chilled beer mug
– Pour beer over the ice cream, serve and enjoy!
Now that you have these boozy German recipes, throw on your dirndls and lederhosen (because everyone owns these clothes), get your Arctic Buzz and beer out, and go. crazy. Prost!